Congratulations on your nomination for the 2022 round of grants application site for Nourishing Neighbors (formerly Hunger Is)!
Once again this year, this round of funding is focused exclusively on breakfast. We believe that every child has the right to a healthy breakfast and we are seeking partners in the areas where we operate stores to help us. We are seeking to again provide over 70 Million more breakfasts to kids in need in 2022 and are looking for organizations to help us with that effort. Programs eligible for funding can include (but are not limited to):
- Programs that increase enrollment in school breakfast
- Programs implementation of best practices in school breakfast
- Programs that provide families with food (food banks) specific to breakfast foods for out of school times
- Programs that provide resource/educational materials for parents/families
- Backpack programs that provide kids with breakfast foods for the weekend
- Programs that increase the number of sites serving breakfast for out of school times
- Programs that increase the nutritional content of breakfast programs
The application is due on 6/25 at 5pm Pacific Time.
If you are using this request submission system for the first time, please click on "Create new account." If you have already registered, enter your username and password and click Log in. If you have any questions, please Contact Us
About Our Foundation
Working in partnership with local organizations, The Albertsons Companies Foundation seeks to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve. By carefully directing the generous contributions of our customers, our vendor community, and employees, the foundation supports hunger relief, education, health and human services, and people with disabilities. We take pride in ensuring that the vast majority of the funds we raise stays in local communities and reflects what is important to our customers and employees.*
The following are a part of our Albertsons Companies Foundation Family
* The Albertons Foundation funds organizations in and around the areas of our stores. These include: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming.